Riya read Law at Merton College, Oxford University as an undergraduate and postgraduate. She achieved a Distinction on the BCL and won the prize for the best performance in the Business Taxation paper. Before commencing pupillage, she achieved an Outstanding on the Bar Practice Course and worked as a research assistant for a tax professor at Oxford University.
Riya completed pupillage at Field Court Tax Chambers and joined as a tenant in September 2023. She is developing her practice in all areas of taxation. Riya is on the HMRC Junior Junior Panel.
Bar Practice Course (BPC): University of Law, London (2021-22)
- William Shaw Scholarship: awarded by Gray’s Inn
- Advocacy Scholarship: awarded by the University of Law
Bachelor of Civil Law: University of Oxford, Merton College (2020-21)
- Business Taxation in a Global Economy Prize: awarded for best performance in the subject
- Barton Scholarship: awarded by Merton College
- FCTC Scholarship: awarded by Field Court Tax Chambers
BA Jurisprudence: University of Oxford, Merton College (2017-20)
- Law Moderations: Distinction
- FHS: Second Class, Upper Division
- Scholarships: Fowler Prize, Postmaster’s Scholarship, Exhibitioner’s Scholarship